Is severe debt hurting your credit rating? In that case, you need to find a credit counselor in Salt Lake City, UT.
We match you with debt management and credit counseling agencies in Salt Lake City to get you the help you’re looking for.
Credit counseling companies have flat fees each month, and so the cost is normally very cost-effective, if not cost-free in some instances.
Debt for Salt Lake City Residents: When is it Excessive?
On average, Salt Lake City residents earn $15,927 yearly. In a perfect world, a consumer who makes this much should have debts of only $478 each month, which is 36 percent of their income.
If your monthly debts cost you more than 43% of what you earn, you are struggling. If you earn $1,327, Salt Lake City’s average, this is $571. You won’t be alone, as quite a l ot of Salt Lake City’s consumers have debt to income ratios of more than 50% ($664).
What if you’re shelling out $664 per month, but you only earn $1,327? In that case, your credit counselor could very well want you to take part in a debt management plan or DMP. With a DMP, your Salt Lake City UT credit counselor may able to negotiate less expensive interest levels and better terms from the firms you’re paying back.
Each month, you’ll submit an agreed amount to your Salt Lake City credit counseling company. They’ll divide up the money among your creditors.
Credit counseling is not supposed to have a permanent adverse influence on your credit score; in spite of this, lending institutions may be hesitant to approve you for a new home or car loan when you’re actively benefiting from the services of a credit counseling consultant in Salt Lake City, UT to get out of debt.
Finding a Credit Counseling Agency: Salt Lake City (UT)
Provided that you work with an experienced organization, credit counseling can certainly help. Actually, the Federal Trade Commission now mandates it for those filing bankruptcy. But bear in mind, respected credit counseling companies ought to offer:
- Approximately 1 Hour of Upfront Counseling Sessions
- Zero Upfront Costs
- A Written List of Action Items
- Certification Qualifications
Please remember, being a nonprofit doesn’t always mean that a credit counseling business is legitimate.
Never be happy with a credit counselor that you can’t depend on. We’ll assist you in finding a reputable Salt Lake City credit counseling company.
Credit counseling saves you money due to the fact that the credit card issuers generally agree to lower payment amounts, interest rates, and late fees.
Credit counseling will save you time and expense. Learn more today.
Non-Profit Credit Counseling Services in Salt Lake City, UT
CCCS, also referred to as Consumer Credit Counseling Service, may provide not for profit credit counseling for Salt Lake City families. In Salt Lake City, Utah, a Consumer Credit Counseling Service will usually be:
- Non Profit
- An NFCC Member
- Certified by the HUD (Dept, of Housing and Urban Development)
- Endorsed by The COA (Council on Accreditation)
- Have the abbreviation CCCS in their Domain Name
Quite often a CCCS firm will provide:
- Post/Pre Bankruptcy Credit Counseling
- Home Assistance
- Credit Score Evaluations
- Debt Management Plans
Typically, non profit credit counseling in Salt Lake City, UT, doesn’t translate to cost-free.
To locate the CCCS agency that’s closest to Salt Lake City, UT, please research the directory of Salt Lake City credit counseling firms we provide. Alternatively, you can browse the official NCFF site.
Credit and Debt Counseling in Salt Lake City (UT)
- Aaa Fair Credit Foundation, 230 W 200 N, 84103
- Aaa Fair Credit Foundation, 525 E 100 S, 84102
- Bankruptcy Express, 234 E 3900 S, 84107
- Consumer Credit Advocates, 4746 S 900 E, #240, 84117
- Steven B Ward, 5955 S Redwood Rd, 84123
- Academy Credit, 230 W 200 S, #2107, 84101
- Academy Credit Tools, 230 W 200 S, 84101
- AREM, 2316 S 300 E, 84115
- Credit Correction 911, 575 E 4500 S, 84107
- Dun & Bradstreet – Credit Services, 4525 Wasatch Blvd, 84124
- Morin Law Pc, 3760 Highland Dr, #500, 84106
- AAA Fair Credit Foundation, 230 W 200 S, #3104, 84101
- AUTO MART, 3081 S State St, 84115
- Mountain States Bankruptcy, 999 Murray-Holladay Rd, #109, 84117
- Berry & Tripp, 5296 Commerce Dr, #200, 84107
- A American Credit and Debt Counseling Service, 3580 Constitution Blvd, 84119
- Consumer Rights Advocates, 535 S 300 E, #200, 84111